Rising floodwaters engulfed a tunnel deep within the cave network, entrapping a group of thirteen people, including twelve teenage soccer players and their coach. A massive rescue operation that included British cave divers, Thai Navy SEALs, and an elite United States Air Force team was successful in extracting all 13 individuals from the cave without incident.
How did the soccer team get in the cave?
Rainstorms on June 23 engulfed the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Thailand, where a boys’ soccer team from Thailand was playing, trapping all 13 players and their coach within. It appears that the lads were participating in some kind of initiation ceremony while they were in the cave; nevertheless, they were unable to escape when the cave began to flood.
How did the Thai soccer team get so deep in the cave?
It was stated that several of the lads had visited the cave system in the past, and some of them were quite familiar with the system. Despite this, they got stranded after a flash flood buried them deep within the cave. After the crew was supposed to have returned home on June 23, but they did not, an official complaint of their disappearance was filed.
How did the soccer team get out of the cave?
- On July 8, a multinational team of cave diving professionals, which included Thai Navy SEALS, brought the first four boys out of the cave.
- The boys were tied to the divers using ropes and harnesses so that they could be escorted out.
- After spending 17 days inside the cave, the eight surviving lads and their instructor are finally rescued on July 10 after having been trapped inside for four further days.
Who saved the soccer team in the cave?
An inside look at the perilous underground dive that saved a soccer team from Thailand. During the search for the 12 members of a boys’ soccer team and their coach who were lost in the flooded cave for 18 days in 2018, British cave diver Richard Stanton goes out of the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in northern Thailand. The group was trapped in the cave due to flooding.
Did the Thai cave divers get paid?
There is a possibility that each of the 13 Boars may walk away from the arrangement with up to $140,000 in American currency, which is more than 20 times the national average pay in Thailand. During a ceremony held in front of an image of Thailand’s King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun, members of the Wild Boars soccer team expressed their gratitude to those in attendance.
How did Thai boys survive in cave?
- A Thai soccer team has described how they survived being trapped in a cave by drinking water that had been filtered by stalactites.
- The Thai soccer team and their coach recounted how they sipped water that dripped from stalactites and determined to ″keep fighting″ to survive in a flooded tunnel that blocked them off from the rest of the world for nine days.
- They were entirely cut off from the outside world.
How many divers died in Thai rescue?
Tham Luang cave rescue
|Rescue personnel and equipment at the cave entrance|
|Date||23 June – 10 July 2018 (18 days)|
|Outcome||Group found alive on 2 July; all rescued between 8 and 10 July 2018.|
How long were the 13 boys in the cave?
- The film The Rescue recounts the dramatic events that took place in 2018 when a group of boys and their soccer coach were rescued from the depths of a flooded cave in Northern Thailand.
- In June of 2018, the whole world held its breath for 18 days as a squad of professional cave divers risked everything to rescue 12 boys and their coach from an underwater tunnel in Northern Thailand.
- The cave was located in the Chiang Rai region of Thailand.
How much did the Thai cave rescue cost?
At a cost of nearly half a million dollars, the money might have been invested in other areas, any number of which would have unquestionably resulted in the preservation of additional human lives. More than one hundred people’s lives may have been spared if only this financing had been available in Africa.