Offering Country NSW children the opportunity to compete at the highest level.
The Country based NSW Cyclones are one of 2 NSW Based State representative groups that compete at the Indoor Cricket National Championships, an event that is hosted each year by Cricket Australia.
The skills that are learned in the Outdoor game are easily transferred to the Indoor game. Michael Clarke and the Waugh brothers have had a long association with Indoor Cricket. Come along and give it a try.
The NSW Cyclones have been competing at National Tournaments since 2006. During that time they have gone from strength to strength. In 2012 all 3 teams fielded by the NSW Cyclones made it to the Semi Finals with the 12and Under team (now U/ 13’s) being crowned national Champions. The NSW Cyclones were rewarded with 5 players selected to represent Australia at the World Cup in South Africa. Marty Jeffrey, Jai Tasker, Connor Slattery, Wade Burrowes and Ben Patterson all travelled to South Africa and returned World Champions.
In 2013 the NSW Cyclones have now entered an Under 17 Girls team , coached by Troy McKiernan. In a tremendous result for Country NSW the girls placing runners- up in their first year of competition, followed with National champions in their 2nd yr. The Cyclones Under 15 Boys team were also highly successful finishing National Champions 2013 with a strong win over Queensland capping off what was a dominant week. All Cyclones teams have place extreamly well in recent yrs and The NSW Cyclones players are well represented in The Australian Allstars teams for varies grades as well as the U/17’s Girls Coach Troy Mckiernan being named Australian All Stars Coach.
The Grades competing and eligibility requirements for the Nationals are as follows:
- Under 13 Boys – You must not turn 13 until 2015. You must be 12 years of age or younger for the whole of 2014. if you turn 13 in 2014 then you may trial for the Under 15 Boys team.
- Under 15 Boys – You must not turn 15 until 2015. If you turn 15 in 2014, then you may trial for the Under 17 Boys team.
- Under 17 Boys – You must not turn 17 until 2015. If you turn 17 during 2014 then you are eligible to NSW Blues Under 20 men’s team.
- Under 17 Girls – You must not turn 17 until 2015. If you turn 17 during 2014 then you are eligible to trial for the NSW Blues Under 20 Ladies team.
There are various Tournament Events that you will be able to qualify for selection as follows: Regional Championships:
- Newcastle – Charlestown Indoor Sports – contact Anton Croxford 0402 515 551
- Western – Dubbo Sportsworld – contact Greg King 0411 265 485
- North Coast – Macleay Indoor Sports & Development Centre – contact Troy McKiernan 0458 674 943
- Central North – Inverell Indoor Sports – contact Greg Sparke 0427 281 968